View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 02:55 AM
Master hull craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd4evr View Post
Then I buy them for 500-1000$ and sell parts and have fun with the rest.
"They are cheap because the market is very small and no one wants them."

You couldn't possibly be more wrong on that so I'll address that first. The reason they are cheap is because they are title-less rust buckets that someone let Rot into the ground. Are you insinuating that a U.S.g spec 450sl of any year is more sought after or valuable than a euro 350sl manual trans car in the same condition? Let me ask you, how many used vintage Mercedes have you bought or own. And I'm not talking about your SL320. Not really vintage. Just old-ish. I've got somewhere in the 30's at my shop.

Related to that car, you mentioned the 300sl. in 89(r107) the 300sl
Was euro only. The 1990 r129 was an underpowered 6 cyl in a 4500+ pound whale. if they had a m119 or m120 powered manual trans car that would have been great and I think would have sold. Who knows though.

glad to hear your opinion on there's things, the thing is I'm talking about car sales from 74-say 85 or so. So no I never bought any new Mercedes when I was pre born or 9 years old. Comparing mustangs and camaros is laughable since they didn't really turn, plus the manuals in later cars that did handle somewhat were weak and broke drag racing, which was what they did primarily.

The last s class with a manual before modern cars was a 6cyl w140 but I'm takling pre multi link rear suspension cars. I don't care for or deal in them. A w116 350se four speed is probably the most valuable besides a 6.9 but I'd take a 350se. I honestly don't know if there were any 350se/sel w126 with a four speed but a 280se 4speed is a great driver and is everybit as fast as a U.S. 450se plus not bloated and pillow like.

Quote:
Every one I own has military base stickers I think. Americans bought them and brought them home.
Civilians can work on a mil base so they might have not been " brought home ". Besides, if you live near a mil base, any car is more likely to have a mil base sticker.

I'm
Not talking about US
military bases I'm talking U.S. bases in Europe. Civilian or non is irrelevant. They are brought home by military personnel. Trust me.

Quote:
U.S. Delivered cars were just fully optioned because they knew some dumb rich guy would buy it regardless of price or options because his wife thought it was cute or he had a small dick and it made him feel like a big shot, and it probably worked to get mad ass. Then it broke a couple times and it went to another guy who didn't know how to take care of it and the third guy that rigged it with band aids afraid of stealership prices until it died. Just look at how so many are just neglected and left to rot because something stupid broke.
This large paragraph sounds like it is coming from a " screw everyone hat on sideways " ricer with a fart can , no springs , drug addict girl friend and a minimum wage no skill job.

That is ****ing funny. I laughed about this for awile while I was fabricating a removable radiator support for my drift car I built. In my 4500sq ft shop. I'll not be seen dead in a sideways hat, and I do love rear drive Japanese cars but I prefer a resonator and no muffler. No 5" soup can tailpipe over here. I'll admit to cut springs in my 450slc but adjustable spring perches I'm fitting are coming soon. I don't do drugs or **** skanky drug addicts let alone spend my life with them and I Make plenty of money as a heavy equipment mechanic (self taught too). Plus my Mercedes parts sales is nice too.

Sorry if the fat lazy American in bloated automatic sl's comments got you all upset.