View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 07:57 AM
TX76513's Avatar
TX76513 TX76513 is offline
Platinum Member
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brandon, Mississippi
Posts: 5,178

For those who have 608/609 Certification and know how to service ACC. You can still get the "Real" R-12 from Dupont but you need to cross our southern border. You can bring up to 120 oz. across with proof of your certification card to the nice people on the US side of bridge. Cost runs $25 - 30 depending on how the exchange is going. I usually visit an auto-parts store in Matamaoros, Tamaulipas MX. Flying to Cancun is not going to work -DO NOT try to pack this in your check in baggage! I am sure it would cause some delays in your trip. One a/c service on your neighbors old R-12 car and he is pleased to give you $30 and the rest is "spoils"
Reply With Quote