View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseasel300 View Post
Do you have good fuel flow from the pumps? Pressure is one thing, but volume is important too.

Does the cold-star injector spray?

Try having someone cranking and go push down the air metering flap in the intake. See if you get fuel. Having sat that long without any attention, you could have a bunch of varnish buildup or corrosion inside the FD. If the FD is the issue, you're probably better off having it sent off for repair and calibration or pulling a known-good unit from a junkyard car.
I suspect you are talking about a cold start injector of some sort, I am not educated on the KJet system yet, but the answer is there is no fuel getting into the intake manifold period, unless I spray starting fluid.

I have seen some people on you tube disassemble this FD, but never have seen the results and have read many say no as far as doing anything with this KJet system. I'm still interested in trying to just clean it up till I can start and move the car. I'd like to hear from anyone if they've had any luck cleaning. If not I would be grateful to have advice on where to send unit.
Thank you