View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:40 AM

This is a pic of a tool I tried to make with for the C-press so it would push on the lip of the Lemforder Ball Joints. I gave on it before I finished it. In the pic it needed to be much shorter and have a step on the opposite end that fit into the C-press would have been helpful.

The tool needed to be cut long the dotted line to shorten it. That is a tube welded to a Washer. In order to get the right ID of tube I had to cut the tube length wise, pinch tube together and weld the length of the cut together. I could find no tube locally that with a good inside diameter that matched.

Even more helpful would have been if I read the old thread because another member, Dormison had already made the same tool.

Another problem with the C-press (I have 2 from different makers and also used a free rental from Autozon just to see the differences) is that the thread rod and hole have a very sloppy fit to them and there is a good deal of wobble. That makes it harder to press straight in.
Attached Thumbnails
1985 300D Front Driver's popping/ knocking-c-press-ball-joint-adapter-2018.jpg