Thread: Medicare
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 08:08 PM
dieselarchitect

I have had great luck with partial knee replacement. I was very bow legged and wore out the menescus on the inside of my knees, so the doc replaced that and I still have my outside menescus. It was an out patient procedure.

I previously had a "cleanup" done which found my menescus so torn by the time they finished I had none left and it hurt worse than before the surgery.

With a partial replacement the bone loss is minimal and healing pretty quick...and in 20 years I could have a full replacment if needed.

I've had both hips done now too. The first was done at age 57 and it now feels like original equipment and has been so since about the one year anniversary of the surgery. The second one is now about a year and a half and is still not completely healed. of course I was 68 when it was done.

I still need my right shoulder done probably. I had the left done about five years ago. Long recovery time, but it is very strong now.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.