View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:29 AM

1995 E300D Paint Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 SL320 View Post
W210 paint code

A couple of other places to look for option codes, under the back seat and in trunk under the rear shelf ( the shelf where the speakers are ). My 97 E320 parts car has info in both of those places and your earlier car might also.
Thanks much for that info, 97 SL320. I hadn't seen that spec tag, and wouldn't have found it without your suggestion, though I've owned the car for a couple of years. Haven't had reason to fully climb into the trunk and look up!

Appears to me the options sheet shows paint code 172, which equates to Anthracite Grey, based on the list provided by you and ROLLGUY. I spoke to a local body repair shop and he suggested that the lower color should be 7172, though I don't see that listed on any of the paint lists and don't think this is correct based on the color differences between upper and lower body. Also the number following the paint code shows 175, though I'm not sure this references a color and it also doesn't appear on the paint list. See photos for car's color scheme and codes. Both 172 and 175 appear on the tag in front of the radiator.

Any idea what the lower color should be based on this info? I'm planning on replacing the bumper and bumper protector, damaged by PO, and will eventually want to purchase more than just touch up amounts of paint.

Thanks again for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
1995 E300D Paint Codes-two-tone-scheme.jpg   1995 E300D Paint Codes-trunk-spec-sheet1.jpg