View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Simple really. On any claimed low milage vehicle of this or any other Mercedes type. The dated oil change booklet that comes with the car.

Should both be present and consistent with the claim. I would think anyone owning a car this old with this low milage would be quite anal about it. It is fairly substantial proof plus there may be some dealer service information available.

Not present is a real red flag at under 100k. I have seen examples still looking very decent at 275K miles at times. If constantly garaged and really babied .

No absolute proof when paying a substantial premium usually one should walk. These cars for many reasons are odometer inaccurate all too often.

Some premium increase based on general excellent condition is fine. But not multiples of average prices.

The poor guy who paid 35K if he completes the sale on the blue wagon. Either no oil changes or a real oddity to have to replace the timing chain at 130k. I would have expected good original paint as well. It is hard but one has to learn to throw away the rose colored glasses. Staying really objective is important. What you expect and want something to be works against you.

The seller was just a car dealer. Not the best as they practice many questionable habits. With a high dollar car with a paint job . I want to see the before pictures in great detail. Or on any brand that is costing a real premium over market. My feeling is that wagon was misrepresented. This is all too common in the automotive scene. Biding high dollars without a serious examination of the vehicle makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited by barry12345; 07-12-2018 at 08:25 PM.