View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:31 AM
Conservative

Thanks. the truck has been great therapy for me, giving me something to work on when I'm physically able to. I've done much to it, and still have much more before I'm truly happy with it. I'm going to PA later this weekend, and when I get back, I'm going to have a bunch of friends over to help pull the bed off so I can get some wiring gremlins dealt with, and get the frame cleaned and protected. After that, more cleaning under the hood on the wheel wells and firewall, as well as a good amount of body work will begin.

It takes me longer to get things done than it would a normal person. The sway bar bushings should have only taken me 2 hours, tops, if I was in good health...it took me two days to get done. Knowing that the last 6 out of the 9 years of ownership, I've had health problems, I'm right on track for getting it done, I guess.

It's my wife's truck. She knows I'll have it looking as good as mine eventually...but it's already better mechanically than mine. I'll eventually have both of them as perfect as I can get them.

Winning a spot in the top 5 truly surprised me. I'm glad people can see the work done and appreciate everything done.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.