Thread: Car totalled
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseasel300 View Post
Things you added and things you did to the car mean nothing when you're talking to an insurance adjuster. They are going off the year and model of the vehicle, nothing more.

If you haven't filed a formal claim yet, cancel it. If you've filed a formal claim, you're kind of SOL. You can either allow them to total it and take the money, or you can buy it back from them as a "salvage" and have it rebuilt at your expense. Be aware that doing this will mar the vehicle's value forever since it will carry a "salvage" or "rebuilt" title. Depending on your state laws, the vehicle may not be allowed on the road until it has been rebuilt and inspected to insure roadworthiness.
I know. This is why I'm hoping I can negotiate with them to at least cover a portion of the repair without totaling it. A totaled car is essentially paper weight. Might not even be able to get it insured once totaled and if so, the premium might rival that of a newer mb. I've got my fingers crossed. But let this be a reality check for everyone on the forum with the older mbz.

1990 190E 3.0L