View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 08:49 PM
ROLLGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
If you had both complete cars side by side you could swap all the electronic components from the CDI into the wagon. The only real difference is the rear tailgate. You could do it without xentry. A simple icarsoft would be enough to Id compatibility, read live data and clear any codes that might pop up.

I've seen people do C32 and C55 drivetrain into a c240 wagon in their garage without issue. This isn't much different. I'm still not convinced this is a worthwhile endeavor but it's certainly not impossible for the average DIYer.
I would definitely have both the donor and the recipient side by side for the swap. I would probably pull both drivetrains (I will try to sell the gas one while it is still in the car), so the wiring is easier to remove. Then I would remove all the wiring, modules, and specific parts from the gas E that are not needed for the Diesel engine, making it ready to receive the CDI components. I can then remove each component from the CDI, and install it in the wagon. That way I won't forget where everything goes.......Rich