View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 12:02 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
Years prior to 9/11, another family member had injured her knee and was forced to use crutches. She had planned a vacation with other family members, the airline flights had been booked about a year prior to her injuries.

She normally never checks luggage containing valuables, choosing rather to carry on. Her injuries required her to check her baggage, one bag contained about $900 in gold jewelry. Remember, prior to 9/11, you could put REAL locks on your luggage.

She arrived at her destination (St. Louis) and sees her bags come up on the baggage turnstill, locks broken. All $900 in gold jewelery was missing. She filed a report with the airline who told her the maximum amount she could collect was $150.

I can't remember when she had had so much enjoyment "flying the friendly skies".

Your family member is an idiot. Only a moron would put jewelry in a checked bag. In previous stories you have argued that locks on bags did not matter because the evil baggage handlers can smell the loot and will steal it anyway.

I'm also calling BS on this story. Baggage dept does not have xray or anything so they would have no idea what was in a bag. They do not have the time to go through all the bags. If the bag looked expensive they might make the effort.

2 Pinnichcio's Not very creative. You can/have done better.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.