Thread: lots o' roll
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 05:54 AM
1995 E320 SE
Talking time for springs

Hello Slowmoe,
If you want the firm flat ride of a true sport sedan, get some springs and lower the car just a little. Your SUV will not have a chance. You will enjoy the feeling on the twisting country roads of Chester County.

Since you haven't yet done the modifications, it brings up a question about the best set-up for our cars. I have been wondering if the HD springs with big swaybars, and OEM springs with the thinnest spring pads would be the perfect set-up. It would be flat, no floating, a tiny bit lower, and the car would still have a "comfortable" ride on the Turnpike. I have the springs and I really like the firm ride, but I am just curious about an alternative set-up that would have less impact on the ride quality that our cars are known for. You could get the bars, reduce the spring pad thickness, and then add springs if you wanted even more performance.

I see that you live very close to me, so you could test drive my car with Eibach ProKit springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 16" AMG wheels, #1 pads front, #3 pads rear, and K-MAC rear bushings. I am considering bigger swaybars too, but I havenít yet made the purchase.

Let me know if you would like to see my car and take a ride.

Last edited by ksing44; 04-17-2003 at 06:29 AM.