View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 11:04 PM

I looked at some ford units, they do look very similar. Solid axle and tubs may come eventually lol

Sorry whipple, I kept reading the qualfie thread and didn't see the driveline upgrade thread.

Now that I've read it.......... wow you are the man. The work you've done is incredible. I hope to be able to follow that exactly.

What car did that diff come from? Is that the diff your putting the qualfie in? I'm hoping to use an 09 and later for the factory lsd. It's a popular swap to put in the older srt non lsd cars so I suspect the casing should be similar in dimensions, but the axles are different on the 09+ 226mm diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipplem104 View Post
No it is the 215 diff from a srt-8 charger or challenger, 300c. It is basically the same as a Mercedes diff from a w209 w204 large diff. c63 c55, etc. They are just a lot cheaper to get and this one has 3.06 gears in it already. I need the inside flanges for the differential. But I will probably get these when I get the axles customized. I am then going to get a one piece driveshaft when I put this all in. CV joint in the front and rear. I have not decided if I am going to get carbon fiber or chrome moly.
The cool thing is it looks like you could use the w140 axles with the standard w129 case that is in the car stock. Just have your flanges drilled and broached for the larger stubs. I just want more options when I am done and not to do it twice. And I know nothing will break ever.

Can I use the large w140 axles with the clk BS wheel hub? Then just do a wavetrac or qualfie and gears on my stock r129 diff? How much lower (numerically)could I go with my case that has 3.69? Can I get to the low 3s

I'm sure this has all been covered but it's so much to take in