View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:15 PM

Aye yaye yaye. This has definitely been raised to obsession level, as others have noted. You are really going way overboard. I have had a Motive Power pressure bleeder for many years. I had a 1995 E300 which I sold at 467,000 miles. During my 10 years plus of ownership, I flushed my brakes, I think, 3 times, possibly 4. This is 3 or 4 times more than most cars get their brakes flushed in their entire lives. Hook up the Motive Power unit to the MC. Fill it with fresh brake fluid. Pump it up to 30 psi, give or take. Open the farthest bleeder with a plastic hose on the nipple and let it flow into a container. Let a good flow go through. If your brakes have not been flushed, it should be easy to see when the new fluid reaches the caliper. Keep checking the pressure bleeder reservoir so as not to run dry, and pump it back up.

Lather, rinse, repeat on the other three calipers. Now stop obsessing and get on with your life. You have just finished a job which most will never do, and it is easy and does not take very long.

Rgds,
Chris W.
ex 88 300E
ex 95 E300D