View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 12:28 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulem5-235 View Post
A little bit Off-Topic -

Had a very wealthy client who lived in LA about 10 years ago. They were the nicest couple you could ever meet. They were talking about the pleasant dinner they had with "Alan" the night before. I didn't think anything about it until they mentioned that they had talked with him about Loretta. I finally put it together and asked if it was Alan Alda. They said he was just the nicest person and a good friend.

What struck me was the absolute lack of pretension. When a good person says nice things about another, I tend to believe them. Makes me think that Alan Alda must be as nice a person as I had hoped he would based on his character in MASH
I worked at a mall when I lived in LA. I had the good fortune to meet both Alan Alfa and Harry Morgan. Both men were more than generous. Mr Morgan was the grandfathely type of guy you think he would be.

While the encounter were brief, I'll always remember them.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.