Thread: Neighbors
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 10:43 AM
https://fintail.org

My view on it is I'd like to have a symbiotic/family type relationship with the neighbors, where they can rely on me for help, and if I need something, asking for help isn't too much to ask.

There have been many times where I've been struggling to do a task because I'm too poor to afford to buy the proper tool, and a neighbor has offered to let me borrow a ladder, chainsaw, or something else. Then later on I've found a way to repay their kindness that was easy enough for me to do and didn't really put me out in any way, yet it was a great help to them.

Sadly, the attitude these days seems to be every man for himself and "Why help them, I don't have to?" I think it's even important to give aid and kindness to people who aren't deserving of it, because otherwise we just perpetuate this disconnected, selfish attitude that is getting worse in society.

I also think it's fine to distance oneself from a psychopath. If they seem unsafe to associate with or become indebted to in any way, it's probably best to avoid any interactions with them. Some people are so far gone that all you can do is leave them alone and hope that one day they have a life-changing epiphany.

It's interesting that the dog comments were removed. At least no one will have to read the advice that was given, though it bothers me that poisoning dogs was ever offered as advice and I don't think that pointing out how well a person treats their own dogs makes that advice any more acceptable.

DON'T MESS WITH MY MERCEDES!

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Highly Optioned, 350,000+ Miles