View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 06:32 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMan View Post
During the early part of WWII, B17 bombers were regularly shot out of the sky at high altitudes over Germany. Many crews were forced to bail out with little to no oxygen. Heard one story about a B17 shot down; one of the crew members was a jew who insisted on wearing the star of david on a chain around his neck and numerous other signs of his jewishness.

The other crew members begged and pleaded with him to remove all signs of judaism before he bailed out of the plane but he refused. Seems all of the crew made it back to the States with the exception of the jew; he was never heard from again.
First, I doubt that. People knew what was going on so that defies all logic. Second, What the heck does this have to do with the story?

To the OP. I saw that video a while back and the first thought was why jump out of a perfectly good plane. As for the audience watching the landing.... 25,000 feet trying to hit a target that looks like it might be 100' square, terminal velocity of a diver is about 134 mph trying to hit that target .... what if he missed? I cannot imagine that would be very pretty. I wonder if it would just go spat, thunk or bounce once or twice? I guess it depends on angle of attack huh?

Either way, I'm not going to watch.

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.