View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 09:02 PM
xp190 xp190 is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 700
What kind of a bolt is this?

Hi everyone

I thought I had all the tools I would need to take my w201 completely apart if need be so, but I discovered a new type of a bolt, one which I have never seen before.

It looks like a torx bolt, but instead of the torx pattern being engraved in the round head of the bolt, the entire head is shaped in this kind of a shape. It's as if you took a torx bolt and turned it inside out.

What is the name for such a bolt? I have never seen a socket for this in stores.

I found these bolts on one of the half shafts attached to the differential, but only one, the other one has normal torx bolts.

Reply With Quote