View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 05:25 PM
https://fintail.org

Parting Out Euro-Spec 1980 Mercedes-Benz W116 280SE

I'm parting out a 1980 Mercedes-Benz W116 280SE. Milan Brown paint with Parchment velour interior. It has an interesting history. It was built to European specifications and driven for several years in Europe, so it got very rusty and then someone welded in some patch panels at some point, but it was only a band-aid repair.

It was imported through Florida in the 1980s, had air conditioning installed (kind of a hack job) and spent several years in Texas and Arizona, so it received some sun damage to the interior. It got a new paint job a few years ago but then someone apparently drove it off the road and through a bunch of bushes and trees, which damaged the body and messed up the steering, so the car was parked.

The car changed hands a few times and someone installed a new fuel pump trying to get the engine to run again, but it looks like they bent up one of the fuel lines in the process. The previous owner bought it for the Euro bumpers and sold me the rest of the car. I removed the entire manual climate control and wire harness and installed it in my 1980 W116 300SD.

Just let me know if there is something you are interested in, as I need to get this car stripped down and then sell it to a wrecking yard. I have already sold some parts, and am keeping others. The engine and transmission may be good, but I have no way of knowing for sure and don't want to mess around with testing them. I have the title and would be happy to sell the entire car minus the parts I'm keeping. I'm trying to let as little of this car go to waste as possible.

No longer available: Seats (except rear seat back), C-pillar trim, bumpers, window regulators, climate control.

Car is located in Surprise, Arizona, but I am willing to ship some things, MAYBE even the engine and transmission, but that's a whole lot of labor and hassle for parts I can't guarantee are in good working condition.

DON'T MESS WITH MY MERCEDES!

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Highly Optioned, 350,000+ Miles