View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 06:04 PM

willy in great neck is ill. bummer because i think he is a good dude and really trying to help. he gave me a cylinder head, which i had rebuilt, but now is too ill to swap it in for me. he is still saying he can do my head swap but i think in reality he shouldn't, for his health.

gene german car in queens, seems to be knowledgable, but also rambles on with a thick accent about thing unrelated to my car, which is tough for diagnosis communication. also he seems busy, he said he could maybe work on my car next week, but i'd have to call monday to find out, things come up he said.

maurice at magnum automotive, the machine shop i used, recommended a shop called urban classics in brooklyn, that doesn't do classics anymore, just 1995 and younger, but was helpful and called 2 other shops for me.

the 2nd one he called was master mechanix in yonkers, ny. they seem helpful and i have an appointment scheduled monday for a head swap. they charge $105/hr. i don't think they specialize specifically in classic mercedes, but at least they are confident in doing the head swap, and seem like they have a smooth operation with employees as opposed to a mechanic and assistant just trying to juggle everything.

kraft and rheinland will only do a head job their way, if they do the full job, with the machinist of their choice, ie much more $$$.

if anyone else is familiar with master mechanix in yonkers, i'd be curious to hear your experiences.

thanks.
looking for biodiesel in nyc