View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
There is a solid clue here. When the engine had the intake manifold off. It ran pretty much wide open. Also was capable of running longer So I would think there was no lack of fuel or an air issue in the fuel.

I do wonder if the controlled or controlling flap by vacuum could smother the engine out though when hooked up. Again I do not know this set up. Is it possible to block this flap from totally deploying? In an attempt to troubleshoot?

It almost sounds like it has something to do with perhaps what was hooked up to the injection pump or what that actually controls in the injection pump. The time frame still allows about the same amount of time for the system vacuum to build up.

I hope this is just common sense and might get a member really familiar with those injection pumps and how they function thinking. Also white smoke is unburnt fuel another clue that the engine is being smothered off perhaps?
Thanks, barry12345 and all other forum members who have given me important info.
Today I retimed the IP, but could not accurately get the 1 sec drip after trying for two hours... (either it pours or drips slowly - finally gave up to pretty close), adjusted the throttle linkages, flap opening etc., and also changed the back housing of the governor (where the vacuum from the throttle is screwed to).
Now the engine starts and runs! did not run it more than a minute since it's on the engine stand and there is no radiator.
Now I have started cleaning the engine bay and the transmission to get the car going...