View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 03:29 PM

This is how I use the drip tube to re-adjust the timing on an engine that has been running OK.

I turn the engine in the direction of normal rotation. When I am coming up on the Compression stroke I stop at 24 degrees before top dead center.

I wire the Throttle in full fuel and disconnect the vacuum line at the vacuum shutoff.

I remove the delivery valve central valve and spring and re-install the delivery valve holder.

Then pump on the hand primer to see if you get the number of drips you want. Usually you won't. You are going to get too much fuel coming out because you need to advance the timing of the Fuel Injection Pump.

Before you rotate the fuel injection pump if there is no makes from the block to the fuel injection pump scratch one a crossed both so you can always get the fuel injection pump back where you started from.

If I have to rotate the fuel injection pump I remove all of the Fuel Injection hard lines because it his difficult to rotate the fuel injection pump against their tension.

Loosen the fuel injection pump to block flange nuts and there is also one under the rear of the fuel Injection Pump.

I just nudge the Fuel injection pump rotating (the top towards the Engine)like only 1/32 of an inch of rotation and then pump on the hand primer to build up to an even pressure and count the drips. If I have the right number of drips I snug up the Nuts and pump again to see if it is the same. If OK tighten all the nuts.

If that did happen I keep rotating 1/32 of movement at a time till I get the drips.

If I am having trouble I bring the pump back to the mark I scratched and I start over with even small increments of rotation.