View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Diesel Power

My truck is dirt simple. Manual tranny, manual windows, plastic doors, rubber floor, etc. It's a work truck that is used like one and gets dirty. My only extras was the A/C, cruse, tilt wheel, cloth seats, club cab (last year for 'em), camper package, and their "front spoiler," which was basically a piece of black plastic trim along the bottom of the bumper.

It's too bad about your stealership. My local dealership was always right on with any warranty issues, fixing problems quickly and correctly.

What few warranty issues it had were minor. Stuff like a buzznig speaker, and a psychotic cruse control. I broke the seat belt anchor on the passenger side sliding a TV into the front seat during a move, and they even fixed that no questions asked. I was even willing and expecting to pay for that repair.

I've had one out of warranty failure, and that was the A/C clutch. It did damage the compressor when it failed. Total cost was about $765 for parts and labour.

I'm even still on the OEM tires, brakes, and clutch. My chevy truck was dropping parts of its body on the road at 69K.