View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diseasel300 View Post
You already tested all the wiring up to the PBU and it'll engage the compressor when grounded. That rules out everything up to the PBU. There's something in the PBU that's preventing engagement, that's as far as I'm useful in helping on this matter since I'm not familiar with the operating conditions of the W201 PBU.
Just like to say thank you to you and everyone else that gave some input on this Major headache.
Also Performance Analysis | Climate Control | Diaphragms | Blower Motors | Pushbutton Panels | Vacuum Door Locks | Autotemp | Cruise Control | Engine Oil Analysis | Mercedes-Benz Parts | Mercedes-Benz Club of America | Oak Ridge | Car Care is a great company.
I had to find an independent shop that would test out this car. https://www.facebook.com/autowurksdiesel/
It even took them a long time but they found it and had to use the test cables brake out box for the W201.
**** PROBLEM SOLVED!
Turned out to be a poor solder joint connection in the right side / passenger side harness of the push buttons unit that came from the a temperature sensor. When the push buttons were exchanged sometimes - just sometimes - the A/C would work for a bit and then gone. It did not look obvious and was only found using a meter.
I'm ecstatic this car is now 4 seasons capable!
90 300GD with 606 turbo!
08 GL320 CDI
12 ML350 Bluetec
---------------------------------
Past rides:
82 300SD - the one that started it all!
81 240D
87 300SDL - the first one.
92 300D 2.5 Turbo
99 E300 Turbodiesel
07 E320 Bluetec
12 S350 Bluetec