View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziad View Post
It's on the side of the drier
Don't remove the sensors but take a look at the part numbers. I have seen dryers with two of these, a high pressure (which turns on the fan) and a low pressure (which cuts out the system to prevent damage to your compressor).

But usually you just see the high pressure switch. It senses higher pressure in the system, which means it is on and running, and is not so much a sensor as a switch. It just allows current to flow from one pin to the other.

You can easily check the high pressure switch. Just unplug it and, with the engine off, test if for continuity. There should not be any change in the meter.

Now start the engine and turn on the AC. This time you should have continuity across he poles. That is, if the switch is working.

And if the switch is working move on to the next testing of the circuit. If the switch is working there is nothing more to be done with it. By the way, if this switch needs to be replaced you will have to bleed down the system to remove it. This means a refill of the system. For this reason when I find one that has failed I just wire the fan to the hot side of the switch. Then the fan comes on whenever the engine is running.

But this was in Texas, where it was always hot weather and the fan was always running anyway.