View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 12:14 AM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLGUY View Post
I like to spray the degreaser on the entire engine, trans, and engine bay before driving to the coin-op car wash. I then spray on another coat on the most greasy places, and then pressure wash. I usually start from the bottom (underneath) and work my way upwards. That way the degreaser does not get washed off from water flowing from above. This stuff is so much better than GUNK or anything like that. Those other products leave everything slightly oily. This stuff literally makes parts clean enough to eat of of. No oily residue of any kind. I thought about doing a half and half comparison by masking off half of a dirty engine bay (right down the middle of the valve cover), and cleaning each side with a different product. I decided that I already know what the results would be, so I skipped it.......Rich
I always worry that pressure washing will force water into places I don't want it to go. Of course there's no distributor in a diesel, that would be a place to wrap with heavy plastic at the very least before a pressure wash. Is there any spot on a 617 or 603 that would be similarly off limits?

I have a Husky electric power washer, Husky being the Home Depot in house brand a few years back, most of their stuff is Ridgid now. I could use that sometime after a degreasing. I'd like to do my old BMW 325i someday also.