View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 01:02 AM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleavster View Post
Got it! The ATF fluid was low and once filled, the surging stopped. Whew!

However, There is a prominent leak coming from the modulator valve. I ordered a replacement part and should be arriving today so I can work on it this weekend.

From what I gathered, this is a remove and replace procedure and fine tuning involved if need be. Before removing the part, do I have to drain the fluid? Thanks.
Hi, neighbor! are you the owner of a smoked silver 95 wagon like mine parked occasionally near W 3rd ave? I guess we should meet up sometime.

You don't have any problem removing the modulator valve as its above the pan.
FWIW I just sent my '95 wagon to have its tranny rebuilt, it started shifting oddly, hard clunks as it nears a stop then started slipping under power. And the rear main seal leaking so need to pull the trans to get to the back end of the motor so may as well.
The consensus of the folks at MZF aka Peter Schmid transmission shop in Burlingame was it is due a rebuild (not doing the work there however). Oh dear, its going to cost me more than I paid for the entire car 3 years ago, at only 150K miles its sad to have to invest in a transmission job but I drive the car a lot and its in good condition....
I hope yours is not in the same category..
DDH