View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 09:33 PM

I live in Salt using Upstate New York. The car was last registered in Vermont. And I have the original window sticker from New Hampshire. The underbody is better than the other 126's I've had not perfect but initial inspection looks good. I did see a spot today on the frame rail while I was crawling around. Its maybe a dime sized hole with a half dollar around it showing some rust. Not affecting anything yet. There are matching "repairs" on either side behind the rear tires above the bumper line. I use the quotes cause its really just poorly painted body filler over contaminated metal still. You can see the 1 spot in the pic I posted. At 1st before I got it I thought it was the reflection of my white impala. But today I got time to really look around it. There's a worrying spot by the rear window. Drivers side bottom corner. I know its letting straight up water in the trunk. The guy I got it from told me about it the day we towed it. And just to be fair hes a good guy and didn't know. He's had 10 5cyl diesels. This was his 1st 6cyl and 1st long body. He bought hoping to do exactly what I am now. He just doesn't have time with all the travel he does for work.

With all that said. My goals are. Make it really nice. The interior gets a 8/10 drivers seat is lightly torn...other than that just needs elbow grease. Not much work needed there. the out side is the work. Soooo. When i find a shop space to rent I can start cutting metal out and actually fixing it. Mind you. I am not a body guy. It will be my 1st time doing it. I watch enough youtube I feel like I can do it. I would like to put it on air bags. Put a fresh coat of Anthracite Grey Metallic. Tint the windows and maybe some elegant reserved wheels. And if I can do it I want to make fender skirts for it and put curb feelers on it. lol

If I find something very wrong and its not worth fixing I might turn it into a truck. Even then. I don't think I would with THIS long body. 2925 350sdl's made don't really want to kill a rare bird. Although I do want to make a truck out of a long body 1 day. I guess that's enough rambling for now.

Edit: I got it for 900 bucks. So either way its a deal.

Last edited by Rcenters1; 10-16-2018 at 10:18 PM.