View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 04:26 PM

Five hundred dollar fine ten or more years ago in Nova Scotia, Canada. Plus some points no doubt. It could so easily result in the death of a child. The fine would be the lesser of the problems if you hit and killed a child in that scenario.

Vehicle manslaughter or worse would result. Locally besides the irresponsibility. Personally I consider it a very serious social failure. It is simply indoctrinated here you do not pass a school bus with lights ablaze. Nor should you even think of doing so.

My personal opinion is they should have taken his driving license as well. I would not mind losing mine if I ever did something that stupid and thoughtless.

I think what bothered me the most is I knew a guy that was caught. That is how I knew the fine amount he got. What bothered me is he did not seem to realize how serious an issue that offence could potentially result in. I know I would not want the death of a child on my conscience. It is not like they really obstruct traffic. They pull over if a line is starting behind them to let the cars by.