View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 08:47 AM
Documented User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm. pelle View Post
For easier work and not dropping subframe, u can just unbolt subframe front bushings. Then subframe drops 2-4 inches.

Would the driveshaft need to be disconnected at the diff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmalley View Post
Start by jacking up the car and mark the nuts/bolts as I described. Then remove the 30mm axle nut (this is necessary in order to remove the rear control arm). Remove rear caliper from wheel carrier and support it out of the way, remove the rotor, and rear parking brakes. Undo, the 13 mm bolt that holds the brake cable to the wheel carrier. Next, break loose all the bolts connected to the rear wheel carrier (that way they are already loose and you won't need leverage later to get them off). Then compress rear spring and undo bolt on inside control arm, shock bolt, outside control arm, and the bolt for the sway bar support link that is connected to the control arm. Now you should be able to remove the entire lower control arm. Now you can replace the first bushing in the control arm. Next, remove the wheel carrier by undoing the loosened bolts and use a jack stand to support the rear axle end. At this point you can now remove and replace each link one by one and be sure to pay attention to the markings you made. When you are done with the links, use that 30 mm socket to hammer out the bushing on the wheel carrier.

I will be referring back to this thread for sure when I get into this project. Your input will prove to be very valuable! Thanks...
2007 F-150 XLT 188K [SOLD]
2003 Harley Davidson FLTRI Anniversary 26K
-----------------------------
2006 BMW 330Ci 110K - [SOLD]