View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 10:01 PM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalguy View Post
Cool calcs. Thanks. But ultimately you are not going to be able to apply more torque than you have traction for. Still, you might get there in 3rd gear at full trot.
That is true but my V12 107 with 389HP and 2.47 ratio LSD with MT 225/60-16 drag radials will not spin the tires on a well prepared track. It was actually slower than an open 2.65 diff with the same tires with 60' times down about 0.1 sec. Consequently I crushed the rubber bushings. The open diff spun the left wheel a lot but at least put the engine in the power band. Could really benefit from a higher stall converter here but I'm trying to do the best I can with a factory like ride. My next run will be with regular street tires which will spin hopefully just enough to get the engine in the power band.

I now have the drag radials up for sale and am preparing a 2.82 LSD diff. Plan is to put a set of smaller Nitto 275/50 -15 tires on for drag racing. That combination should run me right through 3rd gear at @110MPH. and hopefully enough wheel spin to get the engine up to power.