View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Formerly of Car Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Giants View Post
The additive is liqui moly MOS2

The engine will ruin quiter with straight unused veggie oil.

I'll try this out on the SDL and E300.

I think this is just snake oil on his part, and he makes claims that are at best, unsupported, or flat out wrong (mpg up on VO, the common claim that glycerine is in oil). If his compression test is good, he's gonna declare success, without doing a pre- vegetable oil compression test. If it's bad, he had nothing to lose.

At least twice in the video, he plants the 'rebuild in a can' suggestion. This belongs on the shelf next to the other brands of engine honey.

I've still got the 616 my 240D came with, and burning VO, the blowby only increased, from unbelievable to damn right it's time for a new motor. If I tear it apart I expect I'll find oil rings fouled with brown crap because the PO said -it's OK to cold start on oil in the summer, (that's what they did). I've burned hundreds if not thousands of gallons of vegetable oil, and one thing it does not do is clean a thing. If you get some bad fries, it might clean your tailpipe out.

There are people to study and listen to about burning VO and kent is not one of them.

All things are burning, know this and be released.

82 Benz 240 D, Kuan Yin
12 Ford Escape 4wd

You're four times
It's hard to
more likely to
concentrate on
have an accident
two things
when you're on
at the same time.
a cell phone.

www.kiva.org It's not like there's anything wrong with feeling good, is there?