View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 11:15 AM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

I would upgrade to a parallel flow on the '84, works well with R12 and 152A. Klimakit.com has a really nice drop in PF kit, that is what is on my SD...ONLY because my original leaked. It will work on your SE also with different lines, easy. 85s had a better factory condenser, but finding one for the 85-87 Diesel W126s is basically impossible used. 90-91 was a different unit with dual aux fans.

I am not sure when MB upgraded the aux fan, engine driven fan, water pump pulley, etc on the the SD. I am thinking late '83. Mine being an 11/84 build (1985 model) has all the factory upgrades in that matter. The SD can also accept a V8 fan blade with clutch, they move a ton more air (that helps AC performance). If I could find a good, used clutch I would have one on my SD.

The R4 is also not a good compressor. I love my Sanden kit, guy on here does them and mine is from Klimakit. Best thing a 617 owner can do when they revamp their HVAC is dump the R4 in the trash.

If you mean your 380, I cannot see why a 420SEL A/C bracket would not bolt right up allowing the use of a Denso. I have not tried, so I cannot verify. I certainly would try. Plenty of 420SEL guys on here that would probably take a few pictures for you of their brackets.

These 3.8 vs 4.2 use the same stroke, just a different bore I think...the castings are going to probably be different due to the bore differences. Still worth looking into, in fact I would make it work versus the A6.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]