View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 01:41 PM
dieselarchitect

Today I got the rear end raised back up to stock in an effort to get my shocks to an angle where they can work. I was hoping raising it would cure the rubbing but it looks like I have destroyed the carrier bearing rubber ring. It was new I am pretty sure so I may seek other options on its replacement or repair.

Any thoughts on beefing that rubber isolation part up? The ford 9" is mounted on springs instead of the chassis so there is a lot more movement on that rubber doughnut. I am thinking of filling it with urethane or something.

While it was in the shop, another old fart came up and offered me a corvette for it. I said I was not done playing with it yet but thanks anyhow! He liked the looks of it and probably did not know about the diesel motor.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.