View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 03:25 PM
dieselarchitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Stokes View Post
If you PM me your address I'll send off my old turbo w/clipped vanes - we had talked about this before. I used an adjustable waste gate controller and it worked great but my new one is moving a LOT more air at the expense of turbo lag which I can live with on a one-mile track.

On the driveshaft - I went with a US-style "conventional" driveshaft, starting at the trans output flange with an adaptor plate from Jags That Run that gets you to a standard U-joint. Then it's just a tube/slip yoke back to the 9" and another conventional U-joint and you're home free. I think you're right that the issue is that the rear end moves WAY more than the M-B set-up with the rubber biscuits and the diff mounted to the frame. The shaft fab for Mutt is in my build thread but it's pretty straightforward.

Dan
That sounds wonderful!

Thanks Dan!
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.