View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 11:22 AM
Diesel Dandy

Post Bead Basters & Oven Cleaners

Thanx for the feed back Idle .

FWIW, there are two different basic aerosol oven cleaners , READ THE LABELS as one will say "not for alloy" .

If you're anywhere near handy with hammer & nails a BIG blast cabinet is easy to make out of plywood, the top can be made of fiberglass / plastic sheeting, this will allow in mugh more light .

The back wall should be covered in sheet metal so you don't blast through the plywood .

An old junk shop vacuum works very well, be sire to plumb it's intake at a top corner so it doesn't get in the way of working .

The clean and dry COOL air too isn't terribly difficult, I've set up a simple 20' high pipe out of the compressor with a drain valve at the bottom and a dryer in line, the tall 'U' shaped air pipe cools off the air very quickly indeed .

Look at Rollguy's Best Degreaser On The Planet thread for good info on home de greasing of anything including machined / polished parts .

Once again, placing your general location in the profile would help greatly as the local weather changes how you set things up .

I did then what I knew how to do ~ now that I know better I do better