View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Home appliance genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Diesel View Post
You’re proving his point nicely. You almost sound proud of wasting thousands per year on your aging once upon a time status symbol. Are you having fun strutting your 9 year old $50.000 millionaire chariot in the diesel slums;p
My point is that cars are generally not good places to invest your money.

I currently spend way less maintaining my 518 hp e63 which is an absolute thrill to drive than my 300te. It’s mostly de- badged so people generally mistake it for a regular e class.

Honestly, yes. I am proud that in my mid thirties I can support a wife and two kids and still spend thousands on my summer car without sweating it. I have no debt either.

I’m certainly not trying to “strut” anything. If i offended anyone or made anyone feel slighted, I apologize. This thread is definitely straying ot so I’ll try and steer it back.

Anything can be kept forever. Anything. People pull rusty frames out of swamps and restore them to new. Any part can be purchased, or fabricated. It just takes money. I restore vintage stoves and I’ve never come across any part that I couldn’t have recreated or retrofitted. It just takes a mixture of imagination and money.

I guess the real question is at what point does your vintage car become too expensive to keep on the road? I believe that answer is different for everyone.

10 E63 AMG
93 300te 4matic
07 BMW X3
14 Ford F-150 Fx2