View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 08:59 PM

606 Pop Pressures

While I had everything apart to do delivery valves I decided to go ahead and install the Bosio nozzle I bought for it. I do not have any shims so I was just gong to swap nozzles and move on. Iím currently on my first nozzle and have an issue. I tested the nozzle and it is pissing fuel and sort of leaks after itís done spraying, so needs to be replaced. I took the injector apart, soaked the bits in parts cleaner for a while then installed the new nozzle. Original nozzle popped right at about 135 bar where it should. With all the parts the same the Bosio nozzle if I am reading my tester correct it only appears to be popping at 90-100 bar, which is way too low, correct? I do not think I can run them this low. I took apart a 603 style injector and the shims in it are too big to fit in the narrow 606 body. I need to add shims to increase pressure, correct? If this is not going to work I may have to abandon the project until I can get some shims for 606 injectors.

So I went ahead and installed the injectors just to see what would happen. Car started and idled smooth, but when you revved it up, it smoked like a freight train. Probably dumping too much fuel. I can't figure out why the Bosio nozzles popped so much lower than the original nozzles with all the same hardware. I currently have the original injectors soaking in carb parts cleaner and am going to reinstall them in the injectors in the morning.