Thread: Fan Blade Help
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 11:17 AM

Hi Stretch,

Funny, I was just on the Eastwood sight looking at paints and saw a pop-up on my screen saying "Peach Parts - Reply to Thread...".

I'm looking at the paints I have on-hand right now - Rust-Oleum High Performance Enamel in Black Semi Gloss and Rust-Oleum Flat Protective Enamel in Black. I've also got some VHT Gloss Black. I just want to get it 'close' to Factory with what supplies I have on hand. Touching up the fan is a diversion. I've got the Crank Seal and Sleeve, Balancer, Water Pump, Bypass Hose, Belts, Radiator Drain & Removal, and 400 Nm Bolt staring me in the face. Since the weather is 60F, I thought I better paint before the temps go back down to 30!

Cheers,
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
I've had good results with Eastwood products

Their extreme chassis black in satin goes on nicely from a spray can and for a single component paint turns out to be fairly scratch resistant. The finish is quite similar to their "underhood black" solution that you might also want to consider.

There is actually a specific black colour code for the W123 - but I can't remember the number - that was used for the boot / trunk area for example but I don't think that slightly dark grey black was used on the engine parts