View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:48 PM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner View Post
JR,

As you have certainly discovered, on these forums there is plenty of "interest"; "commitment" tends to be scarce.
To generate a committed, prepaid group of purchasers will require a firm quote from a supplier. That quote would need to be made at a number of quantity breaks: 20 sets, 50 sets, 100 sets, etc.
Following that, the number of prepaid subscribers by a given cut-off date will determine the price.

The OEM MB sets relied on a selective thickness, 1/2 faced friction for stack adjustment. Producing that piece in a variety of thicknesses would be quite expensive. A work-around could be to make the 1/2 faced friction in only one thickness, and make a steel in a variety of thicknesses as the selective part.
I am working on the quotes. For the 1/2 faced friction I propose using two double sided plates stacked together. That would be about the same thickness as the 3.6mm selective which would be on the heavy side. Then I would use a selective steel against the carrier case. Possibly reduce the thickness of all the steel plates from 1.1mm to 1.0mm and use a selective washer behind the last plate.