View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 08:13 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
We're one day from home now, near Cape Girardeaux in MS. We went first to near Fayetteville AR to visit the mrs's sis and husband. They live in the foothills near Elkin. My BIL is in his late 80s and still is raising animals to sell and chickens for meat and eggs. It's beautiful country. We also visited the Fayetteville Mall which looks like Faye Jones's work (a world renowned Architect).

We then traveled to Houston to my Mrs's Brother's home. Had a great time eating various sea foods at their favorite local haunts. My BIL had a rental company for sophisticated instruments related to underground utilities. He sold it and now in his mid seventies works daily as a delivery person for his old company.

After a few days there we headed home but decided to take a detour through NOLA. We spent two nights and a day and a half there, eating great food and seeing the local sights. My strongest impression was watching 200' long freighters turn the corner in front of the French quarter, slipping sideways in the strong Mississippi current like giant sprint cars!

The Cayenne is a great road car. Precise steering, powerful brakes, powerful engine which in my fill up today delivered about 28 mpg running from 75 to 80 for the entire tank.

I'll be sleeping at home tomorrow eve!
I'm guessing it's the V6.

Amazing how one can find Cayennes with under 100k for 6 and 7 thou. Is there something I don't know? Like a huge overhaul bill at 100k approx?