View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMU2031 View Post
That sounds good. I put them back on how they were, but since the washer system was not working when I got it (new bottle, new pump, new lid, nozzles from a wrecking yard), don't know what the prior owner did. The electrical connector can only go on one way and the hoses are bent for the way they are on now. Just looked and it seems I should have enough length to switch them...

A bit busy now and its snowing but should be able to get to it later and let you know how it goes... Thanks....
a freind of mine bought a BMW X5 2005 year, it had both pumps blown, we redid the entire washer tank, pumps, filter grommets etc. And swapped the hoses, the result was exactly like yours.

After swapping them around it was back to normal.

btw - if you break an elbow that connects the main heated hose to the hood nozzle - dont worry when you find its a part that mercedes no longer sells. BMW/mini use the same supplier and use the exact same part and sell it for about 4 dollars.

If the hoses are prebent and are correct then the wiring is wrong, that is also easy to repair, you might need to check for cuts/repairs on the ends, If generic pumps were installed in the past the wiring would be chopped and repaired. If all else is good then just redo the wiring connectors if you think the hoses are correctly routed.

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)