View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:11 PM

Continuing from my above post I have since done a number of additional tests since finding this resource...

1. Performed test 37.1 from the diagnostic manual, see link above, measuring voltage across pins 6 and 41 in the CFI module (labelled N3).

Result: with pedal in idle position read 12V, no change with pedal depressed.

The manual recommends testing the acceleration pedal position sensor if the test is failed, described in 3.0 of volume 2 of the manual - see here.

2. Performed test 3.0 from diagnostic manual measuring voltage across pins 5 and 9 of the EACC module (labelled N4/1).

Result: open circuit.

This test then recommends to check perform test 7.0 in volume 2 of the manual, checking the accelerator pedal position sensor R25. Here I had some trouble, was I to check the pins or socket? *If anyone has experience here please let me know!*

The test says:
Quote:
Check if wires are isolated from each other between accelerator pedal position sensor connector (R25x1) and connector for control module (N4/1)

As the socket is wired to the connector I believe it is the socket as opposed to the plug... but I am unsure.

3. Performed test 7.0, measuring the resistance of wires within the R25 accelerator pedal position sensor.

Note:I am going to repeat the test because I don't trust my first go.

Result: 3 combinations gave readings of approx. 1k Ohm. All other wires showed infinite resistance.

Does this mean I have to replace my entire wiring harness or can I just do this socket back to the EACC control module?

Furthermore does anyone have guidance how to perform this?

Regards,
Max