View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 04:53 PM

1986 560SL Center Console Temperature Sensor

I am restoring my 1986 560SL's center console wood panels, took everything apart but forgot to label them and kept a note. Now when I tried to put everything back, I got some unknow plus/connections. One thing looked like a temperature sensor, it's from the center climate control unit with a long wire and a black plastic at the end. I think it's connecting to a rubber behind the passenger side glove box but I wasn't sure. I attached a photo here for your information. If any of you recognize what this sensor for and where it connects to, please let me know. I really appreciate it.

Another thing is a connector with two vacuum pipes on ti (one red pipe, and another one kind of orange with blueish strip on it. It connects to the center recycle air button. But when I tried to connect it back, I accidentally dropped out the two vacuum pipes out from the rubber connector. But on the rubber connector there were three holes there, and I forgot or didn't notice which two holes were used. Please help me as well.

Thank you all in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
1986 560SL Center Console Temperature Sensor-tempsensor-1.jpg   1986 560SL Center Console Temperature Sensor-tempsensor-2.jpg