View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Conservative

1978 Ford Thunderbird with 351W...My now ex-wife talked me into selling it, mainly because I spent every weekend with it at the local car shows. The car won a number of trophies for overall appearance, as well as some custom stereo work I did to it. The entire trunk was built out with speakers, very well done with space for the spare tire. She hated it, but I had the car longer than I had known her. The guy I sold it to proceeded to get drunk, and plow it into a parked power company cherry picker trucks...bending it darned near in half and sending him to the hospital, where he was in a coma for a month.

My current wife has been searching with me for a replacement over the past 10 years, but finding it in the same two tone green with the 351W is proving almost impossible. There was one that was a worthy candidate, but after driving 6 hours to go see it, I saw that the rockers were rotted out, interior molded, and engine leaking fluid. The seller wasted my time, but at least the wife and I enjoyed the scenery on the way down there.

Meet on the level, leave on the square. Great words to live by

Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread. - Thomas Jefferson: Autobiography, 1821.