View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 10:42 PM

107 Chrome Remove

Any one thinking of saving money doing your own chrome removal think twice. I have just removed every piece of chrome so the paint shop could give me a better price. I should have let them quote me dismantlement fees included. I have a friend who paints for a local Benz dealer so i saved some money taking the chrome off with his kind advice. My time is worth more than what a paint shop would have charged, but I do have a better sense of how well these 107's are put togather. If any one is in need of advice of how to remove a piece of trim, ask away, I learned the hard way, one piece at a time. I would be happy to show pictures, or advice. I feel that I owe at least that to this wonderful site. Very intelligent mechanics here! My 107 is a 1972 350SL with 23000 miles paint code 467h sand beige metallic clearcoat. It looks kinda buttery warm gold. I have picked up all new weather strip rocker chrome and side mouldings, I feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting to open a big present with a shiny new car inside!
Now 1969 280SL