View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner View Post
A second for Mike's view. The M110 is quite durable; 210K kilometers/126K miles is mid-life. Parts & whole engines are available reasonably. Chassis condition is more important.
All interior door and window pieces should be present; they are unique to the coupe.
The interior is a mess and all of the interior pieces seem to be present or repairable.

I need to take a better look at the chassis. It has a few holes in the floor from water and rust. Not too big of an issue. I need to get the car on a lift soon. I first want to see if I can get the engine to a decent place.

Thx Frank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Check for rust. The hinge pocket area is a prime location due to a poor drain design. I'd hit with a Shop-Vac every time I wash the car

Dump the Solex carb. Lot's of conversions available, all pricey. Holley, TBI, Webers, Quadrajet (Edelbrock) and numerous others. A few people have had some success rebuilding the Solex but I am not one of them.

Can't really tell from the interior shots whether you have the accursed ACC.

The manual transmission is definitely a plus. The M110 carb'ed engine isn't exactly "peppy" but it has more than sufficient power for the chassis. Fuel mileage is a bit on the "ouch" side. Expect 13-17 MPG in town and MAYBE 20-22 MPG on the road.

You are going to learn to hate the #6 spark plug. VERY easy to cross thread the bugger. Go slow and hand start it. Never Seize compound is your friend. Use it on every place a steel bolt/stud threads into the aluminum head/cam tower assembly.

Enjoy the ride!
I'll make sure to hit the hinge pockets and check the drainage.

My preference is to see how the engine is before spending money on a carb, but once I know its in decent shape I'll invest in the swap.

Whats the accursed ACC?

Thanks again for all your help Mike D!