View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 12:39 AM
Dieseldiehard

WOW thats a really fine looking 210 turbodiesel!
I would have bought it but I own one already, long story but I was on a trip when my wife had a wreck in our "other" '87 diesel (I owned 2 of them at the time) and I had an opportunity to buy a '99 TD from a Forum member in SoCal with about 220K on it so I drove it home for her.

It has the optional computer screen with all the fancy display and a load of navigation CD's you had to stuff in it as you crossed state lines, really outmoded nowdays by GPS but it serves an important purpose as it shows what track is playing on the CD player in the trunk.

Its now got a rebuilt transmission and my wife's niece drives it to college.
I consider it the greatest road car I've owned, despite the super faded silver paint (it was frequently parked in the high desert).

Sure the '95 E320 (gasser) wagon is what I drive now on trips but if I had to do a lot of commuting the '99 turbodiesel would be my first choice.
Its such a solid feel on the road and I love to feather the accelerator pedal as lightly as possible on a long trip and watch the fuel computer calculation climb to nearly 30MPG and even higher down hill!
GL with the sale!