View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 09:00 PM
sixto's Avatar
sixto sixto is offline
smoke gets in your eyes
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 20,126
Typically if it has a US format VIN it's not a gray market car. The VIN will be something like WDCCA24xxxx. CA24 is a 300SE. It'll be something different for a 380SEC. Gray market cars usually have VINs like WDB126043xxxx. You can also run the VIN by any MB dealer and they'll tell you if it's a US spec car.

In evaluating the what you should pay for the car, check what a running car up to your standards would cost and deduct from that amount what rebuilding this SEC will cost.

91 300SE
87 300SDL
83 300SD
Reply With Quote