View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 04:57 PM

Talking No more veggie

Well, I finally removed the last of the system yesterday before it started to rain here in Phoenix. It feels good to have it all out. It felt at times like I was trying to detach Neo from the Matrix. I went about it in three phases; fuel lines, coolant lines, and then electrical.
I replaced the fuel lines with 7.5mm ID hose with the exception the clear lines off of the main filter and the tiny lines to the injectors. I removed the veggie lines underneath the car by cutting the lines on both ends of the car and then stuffing the ends with ear plugs so that the remaining vegetable oil wouldn't end up all over the driveway. This nasty tape-worm looking crap slid right out of the veggie line when i cut it by the rear axle and it dumped into a tupperware pan I had on hand, along with the veggie oil. Not sure what that was. Line build-up? The tank itself just unbolted from the trunk floor, but interestingly and unknown to me, all of the mounting tabs had cracked their welding and so basically the tank could have tipped over if full. Now I need to give her a proper diesel purge and then replace the main and inline fuel filters.
When it came to the coolant lines, they had cut the middle of the heater hose on the driver's side that goes from the firewall thru the 2nd firewall and on down to the aux water pump to install a T-fitting. That hose isn't available anymore, but luckily there was a double-ended barbed fitting that was used next to the small aux hvac water pump on the passenger side that I re-fitted to the heater hose on the driver's side and now it is whole again.
The electrical was just tapped into the fuse box and fed thru the firewall into the center console area along with various fuses, relays and switching valves in the engine bay and one long line back to the tank for the sending unit.
Printing out the various information given by you guys, along with fuel line schematics and studying the layout of a stock 87 300D in the junkyard all helped in getting the job done. Thanks again.

Veggie System Removal-no-veggie.jpg